Monday, March 8, 2010

The Academy Awards

Oh, I watched every moment of my Super Bowl.....men just don't get it, but, well, I can't help myself.  You bring in two of my loves in life:  fashion and movies and well, that is just a fantastic receipe of awesomeness in my opinion.

I thought the show was very good--I loved Neil Patrick Harris' opening and then Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin--it just does not get any better than that those two.  I was really hoping to see more of them last night but I think they had to cut it short due to the program time content.  Hopefully, Hollywood sees fit for them to come back next year.  I look forward to it in great anticipation.

As for the winners...I was very happy to see that Avatar did NOT sweep the catagories.  I am sure the movie is good, but quite frankly, it just does not look my cup of tea.  It is on the Blockbuster.com list, but I do not think I will be moving it up anytime soon.  Sean was quite happy to see The Hurt Locker receive so many accolades as he truly enjoyed the movie and thought it very provoking.  Me, I watched about half of it and could not take it any longer, but that is me.  Needless to say, I will be moving that up in the que as the husband has asked to see it again.

Here are my favorite dresses from last night...I think I was actually able to get them all in so I hope you enjoy them.  I saw a ton of gold metallics and pinks on the red carpet last night.  The gold metallic--I was surprised by how much there was, but not of the fact that there were gold dresses.  The pink was a lot more unexpected to me, but I enjoyed it and appreciate it as I felt that it was very refeshing....enjoy the pictures.

Amanda Segfried
One of my absolute favorites from the evening.  It is classicaly elegant and very old school Hollywood.  Is she a princess in a fairy tale, walking down the aisle, or just showing the world, this is how you dress for the Academy Awards?  It could be any of the above and Amanda would have hit the nail on the head.  I loved this dress on her and can not wait to see what else she will wear in the future.

Golden Girl Sandra Bullock and Anna Kendrick in soft pink.  The draping on Anna's gown is so well done and soft.  It suites her classic beauty and fair skin.


One of the only black dresses that I saw and liked last night, Kerry Mulligan pulled it off an elegant gown with a classic edge.  Very pretty and I hope to see a lot more of her in the future.  And then there was Jennifer Lopez in this Armani Privara gown that was just to die for....I just love the front detail.  One for all time.

Sarah Jessica Parker just knocks it out of the park every time, especially in Chanel couture.  It was retro and modern at the same time, but one of my favorite things about this outfit was her hair.  Absolutely stunning.  I just love Rachel McAdams.  Her Ikat watercolor dress was so different just because it was solid and not beaded, it made it stand out all the more--way to be different.

Meryl Streep.  All I can say is that she looks amazing and age appropriate.  Well done.  There is a reason she has stood the test of time.  Amazingly talented and just a cool lady.  And then there was Maggie.  Her dress stood out to me just for the sheer fact that it was a print and there was absolutely nothing else like it on the red carpet.  The bright vivid blue was gorgeous and she accessorized it just right.  With a print like that, you don't need the extra jewels.
Vera Farmiga's dark pink ruffle dress was one of the top fashion moments of the evening for me.  I loved the color, I loved the way it fit on her body, and I loved the ruffle detail from the top of her neckline to the hem of her skirt.  It was absolutely gorgous and one of the most memorable dresses this year.

I hope you had some Oscar fun.  Until next year....sigh....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I always love your take on fashion, and I have to agree with your picks!