Monday night I watched the 20/20 Bachelor/Bachelorette special and it got me thinking. I know, scary, right? But it really made me think about the people who go on that show. Do you REALLY find love or are you in that situation and it becomes the prize in a game?
I have to say, I enjoy the show, but it is not a must see for me every season. I tend to be a fan of the Bachelorette as I think the Bachelor is kind of schezzy. However, reverse the rolls, and I think it is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I do watch the Bachelor if he has been a reject from a Bachlorette and I really liked him as was the case with Bob, Jason, and Jake. So I guess you could call me a moderate fan.
With that being said, I watched the special and I thought about finding love on TV. Does it work? It does for some--but only for a tiny handful of people. What makes it work? I truly believe it is God's will that those two are suppose to be together. However, the majority of these "couples" do not work out at all--and they realize it shortly after the TV proposal has happened. I do believe the people get caught up in the game of it, the desire to win the prize. I think the competitive spirit wins out...and all those people who are shedding tears when it is all said and done with are crying because they lost. They do not get to take home the grand prize of a ring and a fiancee--but do not really think about the love factor, the best friend, the compainionship, and life long other halves. I do have to say, it makes me wonder about people who go on the show. All I know is that I would not want it to be my heart that gets stomped on the ground when I find out that someone was only on the show for their own benefit and not there for my heart.
People are people and they move on to other things, other life interests, and other yous....
What do you think?
PS. The song is "I'm Gonna Find Another You" by John Mayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment