- Bye bye bottle. We have been transitioning to the sippy cup for awhile now, but we were still doing more bottles than not at school. That started ending last week and now we are completely off the bottle as of Monday. I took in three sippy cups and she is dealing with it pretty well. Check.
- Bye bye binky. Yes, you read that right, bye bye binky. Elizabeth is officially off of her pascifier. Thankfully, we were only using it to sleep so it isn't completely tramatic. Sean and I have been talking about when we were going to take it away and well, he just decided to do it this weekend and I said okay. She still searches her crib high and low looking for it every night, but gives up pretty quickly and falls asleep. Check.
- Elizabeth started transitioning into her Infant II classroom this week and starts full time next Monday. She is handling it like a rock star. She is having fun with the older kids, already learning new things (some we are happy about and others not so much), and is eager to move on to something new. We think she has started getting bored in her current classroom so it is perfect timing.
- Elizabeth has started swim lessons. We had our very first lesson on Monday and well, it was not a fun experience for anyone at all. Elizabeth for not liking the swimming pool, Daddy for having to hear her cry in his ear, for Mommy because she had to sit there and watch her baby cry for a full 30 minutes. Now Mommy is even more sad as she had to go out and buy herself a swimsuit tonight so that she can trade off with Daddy at the instructor's request. Hmm...yeah. That was so much fun for Mommy. Let's see how tomorrow's lesson goes. Regardless, Elizabeth looks darling in her little swim suit. She's a ham.
These pictures were obviously taken before we stepped into the pool!
3 comments:
The one-year mark does seem to bring a lot of change. I remember feeling a little traumatized by everything that was happening all at once! Sounds like the little Lady is doing just great, though.
I don't blame her for not liking swim lessons. I HATED swim lessons as a kid. They scared the living sh** out of me. But gosh darn it, she looks so scrumptious in that swimsuit!
I love the swimsuit! We have yet to take Grant to swim lessons, much less Drew!
Good for you, getting rid of the binky already! I should have done that with Grant at that age....he still loves it at night and he's over three!
As anyone noticed the picture of the guy dropping his pants in the back ground? I know it is only his suit but I still think it is funny. SDK
Post a Comment