This is the one song that will be repeatedly repeated on this blog as it is my favorite Christmas song, but just one of my all time favorites in general. To me, this is Christmas. I am not a Santa Claus is Coming To Town Christmas kind of girl. I take the path of waiting for the birth of my Lord and Saviour. To me this song builds up the anticipation of His birth just like any expecting mother does for her baby. And then the baby is here--Jesus, the son of God to spread love and later his blood for the people of the world.
My quite Christmas is interrupted in the best way possible by the pitter patter of my little girl's feet as she looks for her little elf, Belle. And as much as I would like my thoughtful Christmas, I know that the pitter patter will much sooner than later become the click clack of high heels instead. This time is brief and I need to relish in the joy of her luminous Christmas joys. After all, this sweet innocence will only be here for so long. In the mean time, I will wait with anticipation for the birth of a little baby in stable while listening to Elizabeth sing Santa Clause is Coming To Town.
Weekly Music Inspiration: "O Holy Night"--Lea Michele on Glee
No comments:
Post a Comment