Thursday, December 9, 2010

O Holy Night



I have to say that I was always amused but not really a fan of N'Sync when they first came out in the late 90s.  Like most people, I thought they would be a flash in the pan with a couple of cute ditties, but then they stuck around.    I wondered how much of it was studio work and how much was just straight up pure talent.  I wondered this till I heard them sing my favorite Christmas song, O Holy Night, accapella.  I was convinced--purely talented and brilliantly gifted.  It was after I heard their rendition that I was convinced that they may just be more than a flash in the pan, but have a lasting power.  And they did for awhile before they went their separate ways.  But to me, this is what they are best known for--a simply gorgeous song sung with beauty and meaning.

Weekly Music Inspiration:  "O Holy Night"--N'Sync

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Without a doubt, my all-time favorite Chrismtas song. I've never heard their version, but it's really not that bad. I think Martina McBride's rendition is my favorite but probably because my sister sang it in church one Christmas Eve. It made me cry.

I kind of use this song to judge talent too. And if an artist can't do a decent version, they just shouldn't do it at all. If it's done right, I usually end up with chills and a little teary-eyed. This song makes me wish I had a singing voice.

Thanks for sharing!

katy said...

I'm a Josh Groban "O Holy Night" kinda gal. But this is pretty good too. ;)