I am going to bring a new segment to this blog. I do not know how often I will do it just yet or even if there is any interest, but I’ll give it a whirl. Several of you, my friends, send me questions about what to wear, would this look good on you, and how would you wear this? My favorite question: Is it okay for me to like this? I relate to that question on so many levels and giggle when it comes across my inbox. You are not alone as I think these things all the time.
First let me disclose that I am not a stylist or a personal shopper (though would like to be). I just like what I like. My personal style tends to be classic, elegant, timeless, and not edgy. If you are looking for that, sorry Charlie. I live in my clothes so they will also be items that I would personally wear (or if I had the perfect body, would wear). I will choose from places that I actually shop too and that usually means affordable (or especially affordable when they are on sale!). Now do not get me wrong, I am an aspiration shopper too and if I see something that I like, it will end up here. You would be surprised how often you will see something similar AKA knocked off, in the marketplace that is perhaps more affordable to you. I will do my best to complete the outfit too with accessories and shoes.
Let me know what you think of my very first segment--it is an aspirational one as this dress is what inspired the start of this segment.. :)
I saw this dress as I was cutting through Nordstrom's last weekend. and I immediately feel in love with it. This picture does not do it justice. The material is a very thin silky print that is a corally pink color. Absolutely devine and begging to be walked along a garden in....or a beach. It is quite pricey, but it sure is lovely.
I am loving that the espidrille is back--not that it ever really went away--I love this shoe, I need this shoe. Maybe the shoe fairy will come to visit me. I have been a good girl.
Nordstrom Cuff
Most cuffs you see tend to have a strong, hard look to them, but this one does not. It screams feminimity with it's pretty, delicate cutouts.
Most cuffs you see tend to have a strong, hard look to them, but this one does not. It screams feminimity with it's pretty, delicate cutouts.
A flowery dress deserves some flowery earrings without being too obvious as these are just little studs.
To top off the look, a little rattan clutch never hurt anyone. A spring and summer essential.
All styles are from Nordstrom.
Happy Shopping!





4 comments:
i really like the cuff...
I love this segment! I really like that dress, lust for those shoes...and the cuff - I'm a sucker for filigree. Very nice!
Keep 'em coming!
Thank you! I love this. Please keep this up.
Post a Comment