For Christmas I gave, oops, I mean Santa, gave Sean an Xbox 360 Kinect. I thought I was going to give myself the biggest kick in the butt by giving him this toy. Was he going to play it 24/7? Was he going to forget about Elizabeth and me? Well, I have to say that he did till he beat Call of Duty. Once he did that, he turned back into a normal boy again and is pretty good about not monopolizing our television playing games all the time. He usually does that when I am not around. :)
One of the reasons he wanted to get the Kinect (and I did not mind so much) was that he told me about this game that you work out with on the TV. Huh? Workout in my living room through a video game? Hmmm….
Workout. That may as well be a four letter word in my vocabulary as 1. I hate working out. 2. Finding the time to work out has been very difficult in the past. 3. See number 1. Besides walking through the neighborhood when the weather is nice and the sun is actually out, I have done pretty much no real exercise since I was before I was pregnant with Elizabeth—unless chasing her around and lifting 30 pounds of human being is considered a work out. I didn’t think so either. Needless to say, I have my work cut out for me. But alas, I know it needed to be done and starting at the end of January, we both jumped on this train to see how it was going to go for both of us. I am proud to say that we have been doing it for 3 weeks and we both feel completely worked out at the end of the 30 plus minutes of workout that we are doing. In fact, some days, it just kicks your butt up and down the block. Sweat is usually pouring from my face by the end of the workout. Isn’t that a lovely picture.
Music Inspiration--"Stronger"--Glee Cast AKA Ms. Britney Spears

1 comment:
Not exactly unique - but I've also done the video game thing. Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum was a Target deal of the day and it came with a really nice bag too. I have not done it regularly, but each time I do, I feel it. I'm planning to start it every day next week.
The thing is, because of the remote/balance board - it reports whether you do the move or not and she responds accordingly. Encouraging when you have it, and workout B---- when you don't. I try everything, but can't always coordinate with the board/sensor bar (my tv stand is too tall!). But it's a fun challenge.
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment