Monday was Elizabeth's 2 year checkup. Here are the fun tidbits that the grandmothers love to hear and I get to bore the rest of you with. Enjoy!
Weight: 31 pounds and 2 ounces 90-95%
Height: 35 inches 90%
Head: 18.8" 75%
Elizabeth took her one shot and her hemoglobin test with only minor drama and tears and otherwise she is a healthy little girl. Unfortunately, we learned that her right tube has fallen out of her ear and she was on her way to a nasty ear infection. Elizabeth is now on a lovely course of antibiotics to keep that nastiness at bay. Our pediatrician is hoping that Elizabeth can get through the winter without any further ear problems so we do not have to go back to the ENT for another round of tubes. Time will tell, but here's to hoping we will not have to go down that path again.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! Healthy, happy and beautiful :)
Hmmm - which shot did she get? I have a confession to make: I tend to ignore yearly well-checkups unless there are necessary immunizations. I've decided that I don't need to drag my kids into a germy office and pay them to tell me what I already know: That my child is healthy and thriving. I know I'm rebellious like that...
That said, I took a peek at the immunization chart and thought we were off the hook for year 2. Maybe I missed something, though.
Fingers crossed on the tubes. James lost one of his after less than six months. (The other managed to stay in over a year.) He did have another ear infection after they fell out, but antibiotics did the trick. It's like the tubes were necessary to help his ears start over, if that makes sense.
Hope you have the same experience!
Glad you got a head start on the infection! So glad she did well at the doctor's office!
Post a Comment