Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Fun at Mimi and Pawpaw's

This weekend we all went our separate ways. Sean went hog hunting/playing in the wood/working at our friend’s ranch, while Elizabeth and I ventured down to Bryan to see Mimi and Pawpaw. To say that we had a good time was a bit of an understatement. Unfortunately, I took my camera but forgot to take my memory card. I’m a smarty, what can I say?

Our Friday evening started off with a birthday party for Elizabeth. Due to the crazy icy, snowy weather we had at the beginning of February, Mimi and Pawpaw were not able to make it to Elizabeth’s birthday part. To make up for it, they had a little birthday party complete with balloons and cupcakes. The cupcakes were tasty and balloons were after Miss Elizabeth’s little heart. She is like a moth to a flame with those babbles in the air. Opening presents is always fun and Elizabeth has become quite the skilled tissue paper thrower! Here is a picture (after the fact) of what Elizabeth received from Mimi and Pawpaw. Her legs do not quite reach the peddles, but it does not keep her from inspecting it and pushing it around. It does have wheels after all!

Saturday morning was spent in Downtown Bryan hitting up some of the shops down there. I found this lovely little beauty that will, one day, look lovely on Elizabeth’s big girl bed.

I have decided that even though she is not quite there for her big girl bed just yet, I would start buying a little bit here and there to ease the burden of buying everything all at once. Still on the list o’ stuff: furniture, sheets, and other bedroom décor.  As you can see, I'm just starting the process.

Elizabeth introduced my parents to her favorite movie, Monsters, Inc. She does the cutest little shhh motion.

Saturday evening my Dad and I hobbled…well, he hobbled (screwed up knee again), I walked into the Lady Aggies Basketball game. They won…which is more than I can say about any Aggie basketball program that happened while I was in school. There were people in the stands and that is always a good thing. It is really great to see the students supporting another sport besides football. I get that football is a revenue driver in a very big way, but it is not the only sport the school plays. In the last few years, it has been other sports that have excelled far more than Aggie football.

Sunday it was home sweet home which translates into a lot of laundry and time to get ready for the week.  I hope you had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

SmartBear said...

Oh, I miss those tricycle days a little bit! So cute!
Best,
Tina