When Sean and I got married well over six years ago, there was not much discussion as to where, when, and all the details. In reality, our wedding was organized, picked out, and almost complete within about a 48 hour period. A girl knows what she wants, was for once in her life decisive, and well, seriously, after planning Ring Dance, a wedding was a piece of cake.
The one thing that Sean and I went back and forth on was our first dance song. It really was. Why? Because my husband is not at all musically inclined and everything I suggested, he managed to shoot down. I did not just want to choose the song by myself as I had hoped that he would find some sentiment in it as well. We ended up choosing "There You Are" by Martina McBride. While it is a good song and I really do love the words, it still is not our song. And wouldn't you know it, to this day, we still do not have said song. Yep, no luck, but I still bring it up and we still go around and around on it. Who knows if we ever will? I know I want it though. I want that song, a classic one too, that when you here it on the radio, or the ipod, or Pandora, or whatever that you think of that person. That is what I want. So Sean, as you are reading this, I hope you come up with a suggestion.
What is your song with your other half? What did you dance to at your wedding?
Music Inspiration: "Our Song" by Taylor Swift
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I see you guys (and not having met your husband - just what I know through our friendship) as being more of an "our album" couple...I think your dynamics step outside the boundaries of a single song.
I love these posts...either I am introduced to a new song or, in the case of today, a sweet 19 year old voice replaces yet another weekend of Jay-Z (99 Problems today) being stuck in my head...
We still don't have a song, either. I always wanted one, but I think Jimmy thinks it's cheesy. We've had a couple through the years that I deemed 'our song' but none has ever really stuck. I have way more songs that I think of as 'our song' with my kids than my husband. Hmmm.
But I love what Summer said about it not just being one song, but an album. THAT is a great (and in my opinion) mature perspective on love.
OK, now the search is on...
Our first dance was to "Someday," and anytime we hear it we literally stop what we're doing and come together in a yummy slow dance. But in answer to what "our song" is, I would be more inclined to answer "Desperado" (the Clint Black version.) Heard it at a Clint Black concert on our very first date in 10th grade, and it has always been a part of our story.
I am with Jimmy and Summer. I don’t have just one song for Kristin, I have a compilation. Some of those are:
Baby Got back, Can’t Touch This, Let’s Get it On, You are My Sunshine, Rainbow Connection and many many more.
SDK
Ha! Sean, I'm sure Kristin appreciates this list!
I think Dean and I danced to LOVE by Frank Sinatra (or Nat King Cole?) for our first song. Is it horrible that I can't remember for sure right now? I'll blame it on the pregnancy. But no, we don't really have a song either....I'm sure there are plenty of songs that remind me of Dean when I hear them, but I guess we're just not very romantic! :( Maybe having three kids within five and a half years of being married has something to do with it!
I can totally relate to your story! We are in the same boat.
Glad we are not alone.
Angela H
Post a Comment