Thursday, September 2, 2010

In My Place


Do you have a place that is is your own?  A place that rejuvenates you?  Is in in your home?  Is it in nature?  In the book club that I am in, this question (or a version of it) came up in one of our discussions.  It is always interesting to see what inspires people and where they get their strength.

For me, in nature, it is the mountains.  It doesn't matter if they are snow covered or green with spring dew, I find them magnificent and  inspiring.  The last time I was in Colorado was the summer after my Senior year of high school.  I remember sitting on the porch of the place I was staying and looking out onto the mountains and having this peaceful feeling.  I do not know if I have felt that way since quite honestly.  It was a crossroad in my life, a moment of being carefree, and a time before everything changed and I moved into another life milestone.

My place in this house is still to be determined but one of these days, I'm going to carve it out just for myself.  As I write this, Sean says his place is the bathroom.  Of course it is....

Weekly Music Inspiration:  "In My Place"--Coldplay

No comments: