Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yes, Hell Froze Over

....and I'm back.  Yep, far too long of a break this time...sorry about that.  To say that life has been more than a little busy is the understatement of the century.  We are all still here, still good, healthy, and going at life full steam ahead.

Here is brief re-cap as to what has been going on in our lives.  Some of these things will soon have their own space in blog land with further musings and pictures.

  • I have been working 12-13 hours a day for about the last 2.5 months.  Yep, I have not been a fun person to say the least.  Thankfully, I have a husband who is understanding and a daughter who does not know the difference since I would work after she goes to bed.
  • My grandparents are no longer in a rehabilitation center and are back home.  Warm thoughts and prayers as they continue healing.
  • My little swimming beauty has been enjoying time in the swimming pool this summer when we can get to it...she's such a cutie.
  • Blogger Girls Weekend in Austin, Texas.  That could be several posts just right there!  It was an amazing time, a change of scenery, and a lot of perspective changed.
  • I joined a book club with my blogger girls.....more to come on that too!
  • An Ode to Amy's Ice Cream and introducing me to the favor called Vanilla Cookie....heaven in every bite.
  • I have help at work!  Yep, the powers that be have finally decided that I was doing the job of three people and needed some of my workload taken off of me.  :)  I am thankful.  More about those lovely ladies to come as well.
  • A visit with Grandaddy while I was in Austin.  A touch of reality in something he said to me--and he was absolutely right.
  • Elizabeth got her very first spanking...and it was not by me.  Sigh, thank goodness!
  • An interesting documentary called Food, Inc. was watched by Sean and myself.  It has me running to my local Farmer's Market with an even bigger smile on my face.
  • This week, my niece will make her way into the world.  Welcome Camryn!
  • My Dad had a birthday!  Happy belated birthday Dad!
  • My little brother will be turning 30 tomorrow!  Ouch, how did that happen?
  • My latest favorite movie is "The Young Victoria."  I think Blockbuster is already tired of sending it to me.  It will be on my birthday/Christmas list this year.
  • Cleaning...girls, I just might have some stuff for you....
  • The Quest continues.
So yep, it has been a crazy month....I hope to be back in the groove of things before I know it!  See ya soon!

1 comment:

katy said...

You have recently won the award for "Busiest Person I Know." Can't wait to hear more about all these things. :)