Friday, July 2, 2010

The Twilight Experience

On Tuesday night, I went and participated in The Twilight Experience at our local AMC theatre.  All I have to say is watching three movies back to back in a movie theatre is tough. But when the last movie of the evening starts at 12:01am and it is Eclipse, I was sitting at the edge of my seat with excitement and I don't know if I have ever been more awake.  Eclipse was one of my favorite books in the series so I was very anxious to see how it would translate to a movie.

I never saw Twilight on the big screen so it was pretty cool to get the opportunity to see it.  Eclipse was just awesome.  The screenwriter, Melissa Rosenberg does such an excellent job of adapting the books for the big screen. How she is able to capture it, I have no idea, but she does.  The movie just moved right along and kept the pace up...sigh, it was good times.  Now I want to see it again.    I'm not going to the midnight show though...3.5 hours of sleep is not cool.  Who's with me?

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I went too! But I only went to the midnight showing of Eclipse, not all three. I'm finishing reading Breaking Dawn right now, and I still haven't seen the first couple movies. But I have a few friends who were going and I couldn't resist. I thought it was good but seemed a little bit lower budget than I expected? And it just seemed ridiculous to me how the entire theater screamed whenever Taylor Lautner appeared. He was born in 1992! I could almost be his mother!

Summer Says... said...

I bought New Moon a while back to watch before Eclipse came out...I've really got to get on that. I'm glad you enjoyed it!