Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Three Amigos


The powers that be decided that me and everyone else in my company who does my job needs help.  Yep, the days of me doing the job of three people are over.  Now I get to train two new people and make sure everything does not fall apart in the meantime.  So far so good on everything...and I really like the new ladies who are now part of the same team.  We consider ourselves the Three Amigos...I didn't really care what they came up...and I got to be Steve Martin of course...because I just love him.

I know this is going to be shocking to some of you, but I am not exactly a play around, joke around person at work...I'm pretty cut and dry, let me do what I have to do so that I can get out of there and go home.   Granted, I make the best of whatever situation that may be going on around me, but I do not go out of my way to look for "fun" at work.  I typically find all it does is put off work that needs to be done.  But with these ladies, they just make me laugh...a lot.  And shake my head a lot too, but in a good way. 

So hopefully, I will get my life back sooner than later...and have a little fun in the process too!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

So glad you got some help.....finally! And what a bonus that you really enjoy the girls working with you!

katy said...

I'm glad you got help too -- but more than that, I'm glad these girls make you laugh. That's the role I try to take on in my office suite (I know you're shocked) which is comprised of total grumpy Eeyores.

You're the prettiest version of Steve Martin I've ever laid eyes on, by the way.