"Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman."
--Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
This quote came to me in retail daily email I receive. At the end of it is some inspirational quote. Most of them have nothing what so ever to do with fashion, but this one did...and it stuck with me. It is what I believe. So I share it with you.
Perhaps you have heard the saying, dress for the job you want. Do you? I do, or try to at least. I dress up more to work than I am required to, but I feel more confident being dressed appropriately for whatever I may face in the day. Now, by no stretch of the imagination do I look like I walk out of a fashion magazine every day and yes, I spend a great deal of time in my personal life dressed in a tee shirt and workout shorts. But when it counts, I believe that I step up the the plate.
But Ms.Chanel's quote is so true. When you dress appropriately there is a confidence that can not be rivalled. You carry yourself with pride, stature, and ease...and people notice the woman. It is easy to go out and spend a lot of money on expensive clothes and think that will give you what you need, but it does not. Keep your clothes in good repair, get a good tailor/friend/personal shopper/trusted sales person, know what looks good on you and what does not. And remember just because the size says one thing but you just know you are a smaller size really does not mean that it is going to fit. It is just a number afterall, and not what defines you. The quote is all about dressing appropriately, dressing in a way that you are proud of yourself, and dress in a way that makes you happy. :)
1 comment:
I love the quote. It's definitely one to live by. Thanks!
Post a Comment