Yes, gentlemen, this post is for the ladies. If you are still reading this, maybe you will learn something or maybe you are just curious how the mind of a woman works. If so, by all means, read on.
- Never try to measure yourself unless you are amazingly bendy. It is just better that a professional take care of you. After all, she is trained, has seen it all, and can recommend what is best for you and your body type. Plus, more than likely she is working off of commission, so help the woman out.
- With the commission part being said, be up front about how much money are you are looking to spend, but be realistic. A bra is an investment and I have come to find in life, you pay for what you get in that department.
- Wear your favorite bra in so you have something to compare it to while trying it on. Note what you like about it.
- Wear a white tee into the fitting so that you know what is going to show through that lightest color of shirts you are possibly going to wear with that bra. Will the cups show through, is the cup perfectly flat against your skin?
- Try on a variety of brands if at all possible. Each brand and style even within that brand is going to find differently. One of my favorite brands pre-baby ended up not working for me post-baby.
- Make sure it is supportive of the girls. If that means wider straps, then by all means, get to it.
- How many bras does a woman truly need? Good question. A good rule of thumb is one to wear, one for the drawer, and one in the wash...and I highly recommend an every day bra in whatever color you need. For me, I am all about nude and black. And then if you want a little something that isn't necessarily an everyday kind of garment....
- If I can impart any wisdom to the world of women, it is this: Get a nude bra if you want to wear it under white. The nude will blend in with your skin tone! Trust me, it works...and you will thank me for it if you are not already doing so. There is nothing as unsightly as a woman wearing a white shirt and all you see are the cups of her white bra showing brightly through. It's just not necessary.
- Make sure it is comfortable! After all, if you are spending all of this time and money on finding the perfect bra, make sure you will WANT to wear it.

1 comment:
Good tips! I realized just a little while ago that my white bra under this white shirt probably wasn't the best idea. I never spend too much on them....although I AM starting to change my philosophy a bit. When you wear an A or B, I guess it's harder to distinguish a great bra from a bad one, because you don't need a lot of good support anyway! :)
Post a Comment