Thursday, May 6, 2010

Into Your Arms

This song is now on flower commercials that get shown around any major holiday.  Perhaps it is on your TV at this very moment in time.  But before flower commercials, this song was one of my absolute favorites from the high school years.  Why would it not be?  It is a love song after all, and an upbeat one too.  Kind of rare in my opinion to have such a gooshy song be so upbeat.

Probably my favorite memory related to this song is actually two memories.

1. Zack putting it on a mix tape.  He was the only one I knew who had the CD at the time.  Definitely back in the day before Napster and iPods were around.  I still have that tape somewhere.  Where I would play it now, I have not the faintest idea as I do not have anything with a tape deck these days.  But it is one of those things I just can't part with...perhaps I should go and find it.

2. Some movie studio advertised "Before Sunrise" with Into Your Arms and I HAD to see the movie.  I remember liking the movie, but for the life of me, I do not remember too much about it.  I should rent it again and revisit it. 

There is just something about a song that jogs your memory and a trip down memory lane is inevitable.  Sometimes, memory lane is a fun place to visit, never to stay, but to visit is just good times.  I have been lucky to have had a lot of that this past week.  All have been amazingly good memories too.  :)

Music Inspiration:  "Into Your Arms" by the Lemonheads

No comments: