Thursday, May 13, 2010

Creep

Why is it that some songs are just better with a bad word in the lyrics?   I know, not my typical taste in music as I do not agree with cussing in music just to cuss in music.  In my opinion, most rap songs fall into that category.  For most things in life, I do not care for cuss words.  I will be the first person to say that I am not a potty free mouth or mind for that matter.  In fact, since I have started my new job, I think I mentally curse like a sailor at some moment in my day--it's been a trying few months.  But in music, I tend to like to keep it pure and since music is pretty much always around me, it makes for easier listening around Elizabeth as well.  But then there are just some songs that, well, they just get the point across when you use the lovely little four letter word.  (On another note, why are the best ones four letters?)  Maybe it is the way it is written or sung.  Or maybe it is just that you feel the emotion that the writer was trying to get across when the song was written.  It is as word filled with angst, passion, and frustration.  I have run across this particular song on the radio, edited, of course, and the song still is amazingly powerful, but I have to say, missing that little certain something that makes the song, well, the song.  If you ever run across it, check it out and let me know what you think of the edited and the unedited version and which do you prefer.  I would love to hear your take on it.

Music Inspiration:  "Creep" by Radiohead

No comments: