Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jump Around

"Jump Around" just always brings back memories that bring a huge smile to my face.  It is a lively little ditty that just makes you want to jump around.  Not to mention the bit of musical screaming in the background that just sticks with you.

So why does this song just stick with me?  It can be summed up in two words:  Fish Camp.  Yep, regardless of what year I was involved in in Fish Camp (all five years of it, yes, I was an overachiever in that department) this song was always a camp song.  Whether it be lively Morning Aerobics, camp dance time, or playing at the nightly mixer, this song was always there.  It just seems to have been the song that was part of my summertime soundtrack.  Not a bad thing at all in my opinion.

In a more recent happening, I won a '90s trivia contest at work because I was able to name the band.  Yep, I rock at '90s pop culture trivia.  Even while I write this, I have the pleasure of watching my husband "dance" to this song.  I put "dance" in quotations as it was a little debatable as to what he was actually doing...but it was funny ans still brought a smile to my face...see this song just does that!

Music Inspiration:  "Jump Around" by House of Pain

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love that song. It always makes me think of Mrs. Doubtfire, and I like that movie, too... so it's an all around winner in my book. But I wouldn't have been able to name the artist. Your music prowess always amazes me :)

katy said...

I only had to read the title of your post and I was already bopping in my office chair.