Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Really?

Mr. Christmas, AKA, Sean, told me that he would wager that Christmas music would be playing on one of the local stations by Monday (yesterday). Sure enough, he flipped the radio station on in bedroom first thing in the morning to see, and wouldn't you know, it was playing. Really? Really? Christmas music the third week of the November and Thanksgiving has not even happened yet? What is wrong with this picture?

I am a firm believer in celebrating Thanksgiving before we start the hullabaloo known as the Christmas season. I have to get my turkey and dressing, not to mention the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie on and that is just the way it is. How 'bout them apples?

2 comments:

katy said...

Me too, I love Thanksgiving and can't stand when it gets glossed over by the more commercially lucrative holiday.

KT said...

I used to feel the same way because I absolutely LOVE thanksgiving. It has always been my favorite holiday. But even since I moved away from my parents it just hasn't been fun anymore. My other relatives don't celebrate it the same way and it ends SO early. So now I get excited for xmas because I know i'll be seeing them soon.
BUT it is a little ridiculous of the total disregard for thanksgiving this year.