Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful

Busy busy, busy bee is what I have been the last few weeks...not that things have been slow. But 'tis the season in retail world and I hate the craziness with a passion every year. Alas, I choose to be where I am at and the mere fact that I have a job is a good thing. So while I may feel a little overwhelmed at work, then home, I start thinking of all the things that I am thankful for instead of all the things that may trouble me...

  • I am thankful for the health of my daughter, my husband, and myself. It sounds so trivial and mundane, but if you really think about it, it is probably the biggest blessing of all.
  • I am thankful to have a roof over my head, and a pretty one at that.
  • I am thankful for my job and the fact that they would miss me if I did not go to work that day.
  • I am thankful for Elizabeth's school. She truly thrives being around other babies, learning new things every day, and being entertained in ways that I can not provide.
  • I am thankful for being a lover of music and how it enriches my cubical life daily.
  • I am thankful to be loved by a wonderful man who strives every day to make me happy.
  • I am thankful for a loving family.
  • I am thankful for blockbuster.com, otherwise, I would never see a movie and I do love movies!
  • I am thankful for my two persnickety four legged girls. They taught us how to be parents before we had a human child.
  • I am thankful for our friends, near and far. You don't get to pick your family, but you do get to pick your friends and we have chosen some amazing people.
  • I am thankful for the good food that is always coming out of our kitchen. :)
  • I am thankful for Chili's--2 for $20 is the best deal ever.
  • I am thankful to be loved by God and all the blessings He has provided.

What are you most thankful for this year?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I thank God every night for Aislynn. She is the most incredible blessing and has given me a whole new perspective on life! Other than that, you pretty much summed it up. One more I'd like to add: this time of year, I'm thankful for sinus medicine (although I wish I didn't need it).

Happy Thanksgiving Kristin!