Thursday, November 12, 2009

Idaho

Most people do not pick Idaho as a vacation for anything with the exception of some skiing. I never in a million years would have thought I would ever go to Idaho, but away I went this week. A couple of weeks ago, I was approached by my boss to go on a store trip for work. Sure, why not? Where are we going? Idaho. Okay, so let's get it booked. Oh, you don't need to do anything, we are taking the corporate jet. WHAT?!?!?! Okay, count me in!

So what do we do on these store trips? Well, let me tell you---it is a lot of standing around in suits, high heels, listening, and asking questions. This was no different. We went to a total of 5 stores in Idaho. I must say, Idaho was pretty much what I expected it to look like...kind of middle of nowhere, small towns, and probably getting a new car is the biggest talk of the town. The people were very nice though and that is always a good thing. I do have to say, I would not mind going back to Boise though. It was a fun college town and a nice downtown area. I could see where some good fun could be had.

As much fun as the store trip was (uh, huh, sure it was), the highlight of my adventure had to be riding on the corporate jet. Who knows if I will ever get to do that again, so I made the most of it. Plush seats, a flight attendant who served awesome omelets, and had whatever I wanted to drink on the plane at any given time. The bathroom was just cool. We are not talking the tiny itty bitty things you see in commercial airplanes, but this one, well, there was head room and room to take care of business. While I was in the restroom, I had to poke around all the drawers and everything. Fully stocked with mouthwash, toothbrushes and toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, sewing kits, medicines, and even chap stick. How cool is that? Wow, so this is what it is like to be a corporate exec...maybe I should aim higher in my career goals.
Enjoy the pictures!

The corporate jet...nice, right...they even had a red carpet for us at the Boise airport...and cars waiting just outside the plane.
The cushy seats



My breakfast!
The Rocky Mountains in Colorado



4 comments:

Alissa said...

Looks like fun! I always love exploring new cities....never been to Boise, though. I love the fancy pictures of the airplane ride....that breakfast looks delicious!

katy said...

Wow!! You are such a CEO! :) I hope you had fun. That breakfast looks pretty amazing right about now, and I'm regretting the sad little piece of toast I had this morning. :)

Sara said...

Wow - awesome! You could talk me into visiting Boise for a trip on one of those!

Angela said...

Um WOW!!! I am BLOWN away. I hope you enjoyed it enough for the both of us! FAB pics!!!