Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Softly Call the Muster

"We gather today, Aggies all, to recall our past, to strengthen our ties, to honor those who have passed before us....We come today to affirm our commitment, our love for this place and all that it represents." Jack M. Rains, Muster Speaker 1984

Muster is easily one of my favorite traditions at Texas A&M. While I attended, I had the privilege of being a Muster host twice. What an honor to have served my school on such a memorable day for all. I am thankful for what Muster stands for and how it truly brings a diverse campus, old and young, together.

Irony of all ironies, it is one of my favorite traditions, however, I have not been to a formal ceremony in five years. Why? Usually, Sean and I are watching playoff hockey either at the American Airlines Center or on TV watching the Dallas Stars. We always celebrate together, but do not do much besides hang out, and of course, eat. Tonight, we had dinner with our good friends, Jay and Kristen, and their son Reid. It was a good way to have Muster, but we sure do miss playoff hockey...

No comments: