I have found myself inspired by other people here lately (Allison, Lacy, Katy, Kelli)...mostly, because they are trying new things and thinking outside of the box...or just being brave, or you know, just being themselves. At times I wish I were more adventurous, more willing to try new things, more flexible....but I am what I am and it is baby steps for me to get any where beyond that.
My calendar this month at work is a quote from Robert Frost. Perhaps a line from his most famous poem, "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." This quote just stares at me every day, almost taunting me. It just seems to ask, "Kristin, have you have EVER taken the on less traveled by?" I am still thinking about it...but if I am thinking this hard about it, have I? I need to take the inspiration of others and find my path or outlet while the fire is still there and I am thinking of it. Maybe it is just simply being still for a moment.
When was the last time you took the one less traveled by?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha! I've actually been thinking about this myself and wondering why I'm not more spontaneous and wondering how to get beyond that. I'll keep you posted!
Good morning!
First of all, that poem always makes me all choked up. I can't even explain why. It's almost a conditioned response at this point.
Secondly, I think the beauty of blogging is that we are free to be ourselves (or as much of ourselves as we are willing to share.) I pop into your blog to read about the things you're doing and enjoying, and to feel like my old friend is close by. I like to hear how your pretty little girl is doing, and read up on your family. I drop by because I like YOU for YOU!
Kristin - you are so sweet! You are such an inspiration as well... you maintain a demanding full time job, a beautiful family... fully equipped with a brand new baby, you are an awesome wife, a great friend and truly a wonderful person!
Don't you change a thing!!!!!!
PS ... when do I get to babysit????
LOL my ankles stay all marked up with bug bites and twig scratches b/c my path has been increasingly less traveled by lately.
That you are asking questions is magnificent... it's when things start stirring in you that you get to know yourself a bit better. I will be anxious to hear what you come up with!
ps- thanks for saying that you're inspired.
I love you.
Danielle--we always seem to find ourselves on the same path at or near the same time. Interesting...must be ewnagi or salmon skin roll (Friends reference)!
Katy--Thank you for saying me for for being me. It really does mean a lot!
Allison--You have fabulous compliments and baby sitting is probably not too far in your future!!
Lacy--To me, you are the epitome of the road less travelled by. You make it look so easy and to me, it is so hard.
Thank you to all of you for your comments, your love, and your understanding!
I know this post isn't brand new - I always meant to comment, but I usually make my blog reading rounds while 1-handed (and lazy).
I too love that poem, and feel inspired by it. I think we all have different ways of stepping outside our comfort zone. Lord knows a new baby is a great way of doing it, and is certainly not for the faint of heart!
OK, so I guess I don't have anything else interesting to say - just know that you're already an inspiration to me and many others, and you don't necessarily have to go out and get a crazy tattoo or anything to be that inspiration.
Post a Comment