Today was not the day I expected it to be...well, the morning was what I expected it to be, but then it goes down starting about about 1:30 today when I walked into my doctor's office for my every two week check up. Yeah, there was no fun to be had there.
My nurse, Candace (who is seriously got to be one of the nicest people in the world) takes my blood pressure...and well, it was not what it needed to be--at all. Then I proceed to tell her that I have felt as though my heart rate as been elevated here lately--while I'm resting...just sitting on my couch or at work in my chair. This is not good. My doctor, the lovely Dr. Petrovski (we love her) came in, measured me, answered a few questions, and then told me that Candace was going to take me next door to the hospital for a blood pressure test...that would last over three hours. Geez, there went my afternoon. So after several phone calls to Sean and my work, I was stuck in a Labor and Delivery room with all kinds of gizmos and gadgets strapped to me and my tummy. Good times. Dr. P made it to my room around 5 and told me that I had bed rest at least for this week, but to be prepared for the long haul till this baby decides to come out and greet the world. We will know more after my appointment on Friday...and that is after all the tests come back and another sonogram. So far, the baby is fine and healthy, but we are having another sonogram to confirm that everything is going okay.
7 comments:
Aw man! I'm sorry to hear that. We'll be praying that all the tests come back fine, and that you and the munchkin are healthy!!
Well, make the most of it and watch lots and lots of movies. Some days I secretly wish for a bed rest order to save me from my computer!
Oh goodness. I'm crossing my fingers that your bed rest will only last a week -- just long enough to get some good sleep, but not long enough to go stir-crazy.
On the subject of bedrest, I always wonder about 2nd time moms who have to go at bedrest, but have a toddler at home. Anyway, hang in there and take care of yourself!!
I meant "on" bedrest, of course -- not "at."
oh dear! so sorry you have to go through the worry and tests -but you take care of yourself and that little one and *try* to enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. I would come over with books and soup if I could!
Oh no!!! Well, if you didn't get your day of reading in during Christmas, I guess you can do it now! But that's a bummer....I know....there are so many little things to get done before a new baby. Hopefully your blood pressure will get back to normal and you can have some more time!
Oh no! I echo everyone else and think that this is a fabulous time to be waited on! Of course you know I say that you should be journaling and doodling and doing something yummy and creative and watching as many movies as you can stand and sipping hot chocolate! I love you! Oh the things you are doing for this baby already!
lol my word verification is cloaka
how you doing?
Post a Comment