Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bed Rest Update

Hello and welcome to my boredom.

The last I blogged I left things up in the air as to what the doctor was going to say about my bed rest situation. Well, we went back on Friday and got hooked up to all kinds of machines...a fetal monitor, a strap around my waist to track my contractions, and a clicker to count kicks. Of course, they are very concerned with my blood pressure and I have to take it every 4 hours. Let me just tell you how fun that is at 2am! Needless to say, the conclusion that my doctor and a specialist have come up with is that I need to be on bed/couch rest for the duration of my pregnacy. The goal is to make it to 38.5 weeks and if the baby has not come on her own at that time, we will induce on February 3rd.

The good news is that I have a great doctor who sees me twice a week to make sure that my health and the baby's health is very good. With this comes the weekly tummy monitoring and the weekly sonogram so Sean and I get to see her at least! The lastest revelation from the sonogram on Friday is that it appears as though she has hair....so we will see how true that is when she arrives in about three weeks.

So that is the update. I am not suppose to be at my computer much so if you would like to email and I answer quickly, email my phone at kkserendipity@gmail.com and I will receive it in a much better time frame than my hotmail. Gotta love the Iphone...it is now my constant source of entertainment with its lovely Solitaire function on it!

Lots of love and I hope to get back to posting more often as long as Sean does not get after me. I also promise to post about things and not just jibberish since I am bored.

I hope all is well in your world!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Aw man!!! I'm so sorry you're stuck - Hang in there. Maybe you need to get addicted to Sudoku or Crossword puzzles or something.

Feb 3 is the day I'm scheduled for an induction, too. I think it would be cool if our baby girls had the same birth day :)