Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Hair

I am one of the few women that I know that has a husband who actually...wait for it...likes short hair! Thank goodness, because this woman can not grow out her hair any longer. As a child I had the longest hair that my mother would braid, pony tail, pig tail, and do whatever with--a living Barbie doll if you will. As I got older my hair changed into a ton of hair, straight but very fine. If you don't know that that means, it means that you can not do a darn thing with it! No body, no curl, no holding any kind of style, and worst of all, gets very stringy, very quickly!

So after years of my parents telling me I should cut my hair, I finally did--because it was my idea of course, and not theirs (oh, I'm so rebellious). So when I started back for the Spring semester of my sophomore year at A&M, I had chin length hair and for the first time in my life loved my hair. I have only truly grown it out twice since...one because of a boy I dated. We broke up and I was in the hair salon a week later, vowing to never let a man tell me how I should wear my hair. The second was I wanted to wear my hair up for Ring Dance my Senior year. I did and immediately cut it back off again. The thing about going shorter is that you just keep wanting to go even shorter. I don't mind it, but even Sean has some parameters on that...and I'm okay with it.
Finally, after 5 weeks of growth (yes, I go in every 5 weeks like clockwork--even worse now that I am on prenatal vitamins), I made it back to the salon for a cut and style. We went shorter than we have in the last couple of visits, but like I said, I like shorter! Here is me...excuse the lack of rubbed off makeup!

5 comments:

kelli said...

cute!

katy said...

Super cute! I envy you -- I would have an afro....

Sara said...

Love it! You look great with short hair.

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!!! Short hair girls are the coolest!!!!!

Alissa said...

Ooohh...I love it! I never could pull that off, but you do look really good with short hair. I will email or call soon, I promise!!