Monday, September 15, 2008

I Hate Ike!

What a weekend! Needless to say, with all of the Hurricane Ike happenings over the weekend, it could not possibly be dull. Sean and I started our weekend off watching TV...and more TV of the impending doom that Ike was going to leave on Texas.

We have family and friends scattered about the Houston area, and it was definitely a cause for concern. So far, everyone is alive and seems to be doing as well as can be expected. The worst of it all is that my uncle has apparently lost his home in the Alvin area, to Ike. My parent's own a RV and have taken it down to them so at least they have some sort of shelter as they try to re-build there lives. I hope it is sooner than later for all of them. As for Frisco, we received about 2 inches of rain at our home and had some crazy wind, but everything has turned out good for us...especially after a turbulent spring.

The rest of the weekend was spent getting things done around the house, watching movies, reading, and me watching season 4 for Grey's Anatomy in anticipation of the two hour premiere next week. I cant' wait.

No comments: