Today was one of those bittersweet days that we all get to experience in life. For this Kier family, today was one of those days that you are very happy to have had, but sad that you did too.
The sweet part of the day is that we had another doctor's appointment today and were able to hear the baby's heartbeat--and the fact that this kiddo seems to be tumbling all about inside me. Going to the doctor has been a fun experience so far (minus the blood work) and I have a feeling, will continue to be so. That is the absolutely wonderful thing about having a great doctor.
The bittersweet part of the day came during our doctor's appointment. Sean's dad called and told us that Sean's grandmother had passed away last night. While we knew that this was coming in the near future, it is still hard to hear. Sean loves his grandmother very much and she will definitely be missed as a half of a tightly knit family. The one thing I told Sean is that she lived to be 86 years old and has lead a very very full life. Madre lived all of the world, raised four very different from each other children, a lady, a faithful servant to God, and most of all had the love and devotion of a man for well over 60 years of marriage. She truly lived her life and enjoyed it to the fullest extent.
I will miss her...and she is not my grandmother, but Sean's. Before I ever joined Sean's family, she always made me feel so welcome. Some of my best memories of her is when everyone else was out hunting, we would sit around her kitchen table and talk. What an amazing memory! Sean and I had the pleasure of taking some of her advice when we went to Europe last year. She told us all the places we should go--of course, we will have to go back to see everything she did! But my favorite memory of all is when we had the pleasure of sharing our news that she was going to be a great-grandmother. The look on hers and Grandaddy's face was priceless, and I am so thankful that someone took pictures of that moment.
Madre will surely be missed by all nine of her grandchildren, not too mention her four children. May she rest in peace and know the promise of God's love to her.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Kristin! I'm glad you are doing so well the pregnancy! I hope the garage sale went well to make room for the nursery! I'm adding you to my list of daily blog reads on my blog :)
Hope to see you guys soon!
Allison
www.livelaughlovefortoday.blogspot.com
I'm sorry to hear your sad news. Hugs to you and Sean!
Kristin, I am so sorry for your loss. The circle of life has amazing timing... as one person leaves you are growing another one to bring joy. Love you so.
Post a Comment