Lately, we have had some very unseasonably cooler weather in Texas. Thank you Gustav. I am not complaining about the cooler weather as it makes being outdoors a lot more fun and a lot easier for me to accomplish these days. As the weather as cooled (brief though it may be) it has made me long for the crisp autumn days that we have so few of here in Texas. I was born and raised in Texas, and have spent all of my life here. While I am not complaining about that, I have often wondered what it would be like to live in a place that actually has true seasons. Never have I been big on the extreme cold, but I am definitely not a fan of the extreme heat either. So maybe, one day, for a year or so, I will find out what it would be like to live with seasons. To me there is nothing prettier than the fall foliage in the New England.
The arrival of fall always reminds me of my favorite time of the year. With the fall, comes cooler weather, pretty tree colors, my birthday (or the day of greatness known to some of you), the excitement of football season (when I am in the mood for it), school starting, long sleeves, and Thanksgiving. Something to dream about as the days tick by and all of it will be here before we know it.
I hope you enjoy the below picture as much as I do...and let's hope for a fall that starts soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment