I am a little late in my new year's non-resolutions this year. This past week has been greatly sidelined due to strep throat--a really nasty strain of it too. Thankfully, I am on the mend and made my first public appearance last night.
For those who do not remember, I do not make New Year's resolutions as they are asking to be broken. Instead, I write out a few goals of things I would like to do, pursue, or try in the upcoming year. Goals. Yes, goals. I do not put a time frame on them and I have many goals that have appeared on this blog more that once. Why? Because some of them I do not get around to but I feel that they are still important to me and should be re-visited and others because I want to grow further in something I am already doing. So without further adieu I give you my new year non-resolutions for 2013.
For those who do not remember, I do not make New Year's resolutions as they are asking to be broken. Instead, I write out a few goals of things I would like to do, pursue, or try in the upcoming year. Goals. Yes, goals. I do not put a time frame on them and I have many goals that have appeared on this blog more that once. Why? Because some of them I do not get around to but I feel that they are still important to me and should be re-visited and others because I want to grow further in something I am already doing. So without further adieu I give you my new year non-resolutions for 2013.
- Read, read, and then read some more. Last year, I did find some time, especially with my travels, to read more than a few books. And I loved every single minute of it. I want to keep growing in this, explore new books, and continue to read my favorites when the mood strikes and I need a jolt of the familiar. I have read a few Jane Austen books over the years (some MANY years ago) but this year I would like to read all the ones I have previously not read before. That will be fun...I of course, I will continue my annual tradition of reading "Pride and Prejudice." After I completed it for 2012 I felt incredibly sad that the story had come to and end. I know, I am pathetic but I just love it so.
- Yoga! My yoga practice completely feel apart last year due to work restraints and I miss it. I have been to one power class this year and my body felt like it had been beat up with a stick from the neck down. I knew going into it that it was going to be a challenge to get back into it but I welcome the challenge and can not wait till my next class--which should be this coming week. I do not set any great expectations for what I want to achieve out of my practice except to keep up and do my very best as it can be challenging.
- Get healthy. It goes without saying...but this girl has a sweet tooth. A really big one too. My goal is to curb my sweet intake, eat slightly better (my meals tend to be healthy--it's the sweet tooth, I tell you), and get my butt a movin'.
- I smell a remodel in my near future. Sean and I have started talking a great deal about the remodel we would like to start doing to our home. Our first priorities will be the kitchen and flooring, followed by the bathrooms. It is time and it is needed--and every moment it starts becoming more and more evident. We are in the information gathering stage of these projects and what it will entail exactly. The good news, we know exactly what we think we want. The bad news is I have no idea where all the money is going to come from to complete said projects. Most likely, it will all be done in stages and not completed this year...but a start will be made for certain.
- Date nights with Mr. Kier. We did a decent job at date night last year, but I want to step it up to regular date nights this year. So far in 2013, we have started off pretty good...now to keep it going.
- iPod updates! This one made my list last year and while I did slightly better than the previous year, I need to step it up and make the best iPod for me. It is my lifeline for sure...and a new fancy one at that.
- Organize. Part of organization is purging my house of "stuff" that I think I need but really do not. The other part is the "stuff" that is worth keeping, doing something with it. This is a goal that not only I want to undertake, but one that my husband will give 100% of his support as well. The pack rat vs. Mr. OCD--game on.
- Continue our financial journey. The journey has had its ups and downs as life does and the unexpected comes up with it. For the most part, the path laid before us is a good path--a path that we can build upon and I am excited about where we are going with it. Through this journey, we both have become a lot smarter about how, when, and where we are spending our money. That is never a bad thing.
- Friend. Be a better friend. I get caught up in taking care of my family, work, and other assorted activities, but I know that my friends are the sounding board of my life outside of my family. I am thankful for the friends that I have and blessed to have them. I also know that I need to be a better friend too.
- Grow my spirituality. Last year was a very trying year--full of the highest highs and the lowest lows--a year that I am thankful for despite the roller coaster ride. While I have my faith and it has never waivered, I want to grow, learn, and have a deeper understanding of why I believe what I believe.
- Be present, in the moment, whatever moment that may be, just be in it.

1 comment:
I've never known you to be anything less that positively awesome. Dazzle on my friend!
Post a Comment