Friday, January 6, 2012
2012 Non-Resolutions
I thought up some non-resolutions, or shall we say, goals for 2011 and some of them, I actually followed pretty well….others, well, let’s just say I am still a work in progress, shall we? Regardless, I like to write out some thoughts for the year, something to strive towards, something to draw focus, and dare I say, someone to hold me accountable to those thoughts I list out? Why, yes, that is it, I want someone to hold me accountable. So here goes nothing….my 2012 Non-Resolutions:
• Yoga. I actually followed through with my intent to start yoga this past year and have fallen in love with it. I attend a power yoga class twice a week and have it kick my butt up and down my mat, but I love it. I want to continue my practice and grow in it and work my way to attempting more in my practice.
• As silly as this sounds, I have almost 0 pictures of myself, by myself. Yes, true story. I recently needed a picture of me by myself for work and had to find someone to take my picture with my iPhone. I have a ton of pictures of Sean, usually with Elizabeth, and Elizabeth by herself, but pretty much 0 by myself. So I would actually like to be on the other side of the camera this year.
• Read more for pleasure. I did manage to squeeze in a few books this year, primarily over the summer, but I would like to, no, let’s rephrase, NEED to read more as reading inspires my dreams and spurs my imagination. I love to read and it never hurt anyone. :) I have a feeling I will have ample opportunity in the near future for this….
• Finances. We made a lot of head way last year and we are headed on the right path, we just need to continue that path.
• Update my iPod more often. I did not follow up on this as much as I wanted to last year, but by golly, this year, I will do it. My lovely iPod deserves this more that twice a year.
• Date night with my beloved husband. Yes, we did not follow up on that as much as we should have this past year, but this year, this will be rectified and a monthly date night established. Now I just need to work on a sitter for Elizabeth.
• Patience. Elizabeth had hit the terrible 3s with full force in the last week. I need to cultivate my patience with my lovely little girl so that she can make it to her 3rd birthday, much less her 4th. I also need to find patience within myself. I can not plan my life out to a tee and it work out the way I want it to—it is much higher than me.
• Health. I need to find a good balance of physical, mental, and spiritual health. I need to eat better, I need to exercise more, I need to quite my mind more (yoga has helped with this), and I need to feed my soul spiritually better than I have been doing.
• Speaking of health, in February, I am starting at Couch to 5K program that a few friends of mine have inspired me to try. If you have ever met me, you know I am not a runner, nor have I ever been, but I’m going to try. I can do it, seriously, I am determined.
• Continue to purge. Not only am I a pack rat, but I have Elizabeth stuff every where. How is that possible? Shockingly, I purged a lot last year, but there is still even more to go through. This year, not only do I need to purge more, but I need to find something to do with the stuff I choose to keep. Pinterest should be able to help me with some of that. ;)
• Soak in every moment that is may come my way this year—the good, the bad, the ugly, and the funny. I know this year will be peppered with new adventures and I do not want to miss a moment of it all.
I shared this quote last year, but it fits everything I feel, so I share it again and hope that you too may feel it.
“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”- Neil Gaiman
What are your resolutions or non-resolutions for 2012?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Noble resolutions -- and all things I know you can do! I think this is YOUR year, friend. Really do.
My New Years resolution is to not get a cat. Sean
It's always good to have goals! I want to be more organized, keep the house clean, and take more pictures. Losing weight and getting into better shape are a given. Plus, I want to spend more quality time with me...and NOT feel guilty about it.
Post a Comment