I know I am about to broach a subject that most people like to leave behind closed doors, but it is part of pulling your waredrobe together. With that in mind, we are going there. Yes people, we are going to talk about our most basic and essential layers--underwear. Yep, I said it, underwear, panties, under things, unmentionables, drawers, britches, delicates, whatever you want to call it, at the end of the day, it is the first thing you put on after your shower in the morning.
Why does this deserve a post unto itself? It is very simple really: if you are not comfortable in the your panties, then you are not going to be comfortable in anything you are wearing that day. I don't care if you spend a single dollar or fifty single dollars for your panties, if they are not comfortable, you are going to be miserable all day long. So I will say, spend what you like in whatever fabric you like and whatever color, pattern or whatnot, but make sure they fit. But I will share my opinion on a few essential basics that every woman should have in her lingerie drawer.
Why does this deserve a post unto itself? It is very simple really: if you are not comfortable in the your panties, then you are not going to be comfortable in anything you are wearing that day. I don't care if you spend a single dollar or fifty single dollars for your panties, if they are not comfortable, you are going to be miserable all day long. So I will say, spend what you like in whatever fabric you like and whatever color, pattern or whatnot, but make sure they fit. But I will share my opinion on a few essential basics that every woman should have in her lingerie drawer.
- Have at least one full bottom pantie and one thong nude panty. If you are wearing light colored pants, skirts, or dresses, (white, linen, khaki, ect) you do not want to show the world that you are wearing hot pink panties. Nude will blend in to almost any skin tone and every girl should have one.
- I like a microfiber type of panty the best (though, I am a fan of cotton much to my husband's chagrin). It is versitale, has a hint of dressed up, but gets the job done. Most come in a wide variety of colors, styles, and sizes. I have some of these from Hanes, Victoria's Secret, up to some brand they sell at Nordstrom's. My favorite is this one Vickie's Secret though: http://www.victoriassecret.com/panties/hiphuggers/sexy-little-seamless-hiphugger-panty-body-by-victoria?ProductID=3758&CatalogueType=OLS
- So that is good in all for every day, but you want to step it up to something sexier? Maybe a little something lacy? Well for me, black is about as sexy as it gets. I like it--a lot. Since I could live in head to toe black it i is no surprise that I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame. For a full bottom panty, I love Victoria's Secrets Lacie panty: http://www.victoriassecret.com/panties/the-lacie/hiphugger-panty-the-lacie?ProductID=89911&CatalogueType=OLS For a thong, I love Hanky Panky panties: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/hanky-panky-logo-low-rise-thong/3254129?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=RED&resultback=3374. One size fits most--another wonderful thing I love about these!
- Working out: I am a fan of the Lululemon's panties due to the wicking properties that it has--and they work too! Doing power yoga, I work up a sweat EVERYWHERE and these are fantastic. http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-socks-and-underwear/Premium-Technikini-32730?cc=0001&skuId=3439962&catId=women-socks-and-underwear
- Fit--find what fits you. For some it is a hip hugger, a bikin, high waisted, or whatever floats your boat. But please just find something that fits you. I once upon a time wore a size. And I outgrew my size and was delusional enough to think that it still fit. But I was uncomfortable. I went the next size up and voila, so much better. I know how people get when they see the size of something, but seriously you are not losing anything. When was the last time you had some one come up to you and pull out your tag from your shirt just to see what size you were wearing. Yea, it doesn't happen so get over it. It is between you and well, you.
- Holey underwear? Well, I don't think God will think you more holy by having holey underwear. Seriously, retire those bad boys and move on. A little shopping now and then never hurt anyone and when you feel like a million bucks in your new panties, you will thank me.
- When do you wear what? I am not about to start the visible panty line debate, but I personally am not a fan of them. I like the clean look without adding another line or bump in the mix, but to each their own. I am not judging....but I will say that when you are wearing a full skirt, please for the love of all that is good, wear a full bottom panty. The last think you want to do is have a little breeze ruffle up your skirt, and hello, there are some cheekies hanging out for the world to see. There is nothing more embarrassing. Everything else is well, up to you. I don't want to know what is coming between you and your Calvins. :)
3 comments:
For a second there I thought you were going to say, "If you are not comfortable in your panties, then no one else is going to be comfortable in them either."
P.S. You have failed to discuss the horrors of the coochie cutter. I expect a future post on this topic. Or actually, let's not. We'll just discuss over champagne in a few weeks.
quite eduacational post! thanks. Love those Hanky Panky's!
Post a Comment