Monday, January 7, 2013

Word of the Year 2013

I have had a word of the year for about four years now. It has become a tradition inspired by my beautiful friend, Lacy—a tradition that I love to embrace and continue with this year as well. It is my theme for the year, some hopes, some goals, perhaps, even some dreams that may evolve and correspond with this year.


Without further adieu, my word of the year is AWESTRUCK. What does awestruck mean? I am so happy that you asked—it simply means “filled with awe” per the good ole online version of the Merriam-Webster dictionary. Where did the inspiration come from? Last week Sean and I were killing time before a movie that we were going to see (Argo—go see it) and wandered into a local shop. They carry really nice stationary, custom invitations, and home décor items and located by the front door was this really brightly colored wall placket that said Be Awestruck—and I immediately was. The word just seems to radiate its brilliant colors out to me and I could not stop thinking about it. The continuously thinking about it thing meant that it was the word for me. I have a feeling that this year will be full of awestruck moments—and I cannot wait to find out what those moments will be.



No comments: