Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes 2012

Ah, the Globes.  They were on Sunday night.  I get that I may seriously be the only one who watches them, but I can't help myself.  I am a movie person and any chance I get to watch movies that are just awesome and see fabulous clothes, yes, sign me up.

This year's fashion did not disappoint me at all.  There were lots of spectacular dress or looks or accessories that just had my mouth watering.  I was not disappointed.

Wow, that is all I can say.  There is actually a lot going on here but at the same time, not too much either.  That is some serious confidence there.  I just wish I had half of it!


This was not my favorite dress, but there is something about it that I do like.  Maybe the pop of red, but overall, the dress itself is elegant.


First of all, George Clooney is in the picture and that right there is enough for me.  Ms. Stacy Keibler did not disappoint me though.  That dress is beyond red hot--simply elegant, but the way she wore it was refreshing and yet appropriate.  I love her hair with this dress. It is perfection.


Sofia!  You never disappoint me with the way you show all of your curves.  Thank you!  My favorite part of this dress was the beautiful color. 


This Calvin Klein dress didn't really do much for me with the exception that Heidi Klum is wearing it and she is well, Heidi.  I love her.  But what made this boring nude dress pop--besides Heidi--was the fact that she wore a fantastic turquoise necklace that made this dress more than a nude boring dress. 


Fuchsia is not my favorite color--in fact, it has it's place--in the 1980s.  But you put it on Natalie Portman with a hit of berry red at the top and well, I'm a believer.  I do not get what was going on with the side/back of this dress, but Natalie looked beautiful in it.  I wish I had her shoulders.


Hello Jessica Rabbit, I mean, Reece Witherspoon. Uber sexy lady. 


I absolutely love the teal color of this dress--the actual dress is actually simple.  The fabric was not though.  I saw an interview that Frieda was giving and the texture of this dress was really unique as it had this puckering thing going on. Understated elegance. Besides the color, this dress was paired with a beautiful gold necklace that completed the look.


To be honest, as happy as I was that Michelle Williams won for her movie, "My Week with Marilyn", this dress did not do anything for me as it looks like it was burnout and I just don't do burnout.  However, I LOVE her hair and the headband she is wearing with it.  It added so much to her look.  I want her hair and the headband too.



Kate Beckinsale--now that is how you wear a nude gown.



What a breath of fresh air in Shailene Woodley. This crisp white/silver gown was absolutely amazing on her.  It will be very interesting to see what she pulls out for the Oscars.  I already can not wait.

And my favorite of the evening....


....Jessica Alba in this lavender Gucci confection.  Wowza is all I can say!  This picture does not do it justice at all, it was that gorgeous. 

What dresses did you love?  Which one did you hate?  Any that I left out that you loved? 

No comments: