At the end of last year, a new job opportunity literally fell into my lap. It was originally presented to me as a hypothetical situation and would I be interested? It would involve some travel. Hmmm….seriously, are you asking me if I would mind traveling? Why yes, I am interested. Bring it on. After finding out more about this new opportunity, I was very much interested and proceeded to interview for this position. It moved very quickly and I found out a week after I interviewed that I was one of two people selected for this job. To say that I was thrilled is putting it mildly. Not only is it a new job, but it is a promotion for me, and most importantly, a challenge…and yes, it involves travel to India. Without going into all the particulars that no one is all that interested in, I will be going over there to work with a team and will come back to Texas and be a liaison for the projects that are going on in India. I am very much looking forward to this opportunity and the experiences that will accompany this work.
As I have never been to India before, but have long since dreamed of going—let’s be real, where do I not want to go is the better question—I needed a lovely round of shots to accompany said trip abroad. Right before Christmas, I took 4 shots—Hep A and B, a Polio booster, and a typhoid shot. Yes, a typhoid shot….not to mention the prescriptions for malaria medication. Doesn’t that sound thrilling? Indeed it does. I take my second of three rounds of shots in three weeks. I hate needles, but at least the hard part (quantity) is over and done with. Now here is the moral of the story: Do you know where your shot record is since birth? I don’t and it is apparently long gone. After receiving a lengthy lecture from the nurse in the health clinic, I urge you all to see if you can put your hands on your own and then put it in a safe place. I fear mine are lost forever, but by golly, yours does not have to be.
I leave for India on February 5th, right after my little one’s third birthday. I will be gone for three weeks. A very long time this first trip out there. I will miss my beloved and my little lady, but I know they will be just fine without me. We are in the process of trying to figure out when we will talk, if we can get FaceTime up and working for us, and how that will work out—wish us luck on that front.

4 comments:
Ditto Partner. Can't wait for our trip to India.
I anticipate that 2012 will definitely be full of new challenges and experiences for us both.
WHAT an AMAZING opportunity! Seriously...so excited for you. I have some friends living and working in India right now. They keep me posted about their adventures. I could only hope for an opportunity this cool. Congrats, friend!
Best,
Tina
I'm thrilled to travel virtually with you! Best wishes for a wonderful and safe adventure! Good luck with the food adjustment :)
wow this is exciting news! very cool opportunity
Post a Comment