This year I continue the tradition of having a word of the year. A word that encompasses what I want out of the year, what I seek, what I respond to, and what I hope for throughout the course of the year. Without further adieu I give you my word for 2012: Adventure.

I have chosen this word as it truly will be a year of adventure. I will have the opportunity to travel to parts of the world that I have never been, but have dreamed of going one day. It will be a time of professional and personal growth. I can just feel it. There will be adventures in new food, a new culture, and opening my mind to what I am seeing and living. Adventures will be had within my little family as we make our way through the terrible threes, have some fun, and perhaps, plan a family vacation. New adventures are to be had through books, music, imaginations, and play. A new adventure as our family grows when Randy joins our family upon his marriage to Karen in November. Grand adventures are every where you turn this year and I mean to make the most of them all. After all, new adventures are always around the corner, we just have to realize them, grab hold, and choose to ride where ever they may take us. Every day is an adventure—some are just bigger than others.
Do you have a word yet?
1 comment:
"Every day is an adventure—some are just bigger than others." I like that - I'm going to make an effort to live each day with a more adventurous spirit as a result.
Post a Comment