While I am not quite like the Grinch, I definitely do not have my Christmas spirit yet. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it is still November, albeit, the end of it, but still, it is November. Every where around me, the world is decorating for Christmas, including my own house, people are singing Christmas carols--or in Sean's case, listening to Christmas music before it is even Thanksgiving, and Christmas wish lists are written. And then there is me. I just am not there yet. I think I go through this every year, but this year, I am wondering if it will ever make it to me.
While Christmas is far from my favorite holiday, experiencing it through the eyes of Elizabeth has definitely made it more interesting this year. Her eyes fill with wonderment at all the Christmas lights and all the talk about Santa Claus has been beyond amusing. This will be the first year that she will truly "get" Santa Claus and the whole present festivities. Now I have to work on the the reason for the season and getting her to understand that. I have a feeling that she will follow in her Daddy's love of Christmas and I will be surrounded by two Clark Griswolds. Regardless of how I feel about the holiday and my hope that the Christmas spirit visits me this year, seeing my daughter's love and enthusiasm is priceless.

2 comments:
I'm with ya...I've had a hard time getting into the spirt lately. Do you have the Elf on the Shelf? It helps. I have been making all kinds of mishief with that little dude.
Or listen to some Sufjan Stevens "Elf Dance Boogey"?
Your heart will grow "three sizes"!
Best
Tina
I'm so with you. Which is sad considering that growing up, I looked forward to Christmas and my birthday more than any other days in the year. Funny how adding years can change things. I feel more Scrooge than Elf. I hope experiencing the holiday through Elizabeth brings you through it all.
Post a Comment