Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wanderlust





Isle of Crete, Greece


Every since discovering Pinterest, I have found my new time suck.  You know, that guilt pleasure you just can not get enough of?  Yep, that one.  I have several boards that I add things to periodically, but there is one board of mine that has been getting a lot of attention here lately.  That board is my Wanderlust board.  What is Wanderlust?  I will let the below pin explain....



That is me.  I have a constant desire to travel and rove about.  What can I say, I love to travel.  Home is home and there truly is no place like it, but when I travel, I adapt very easily and home suddenly becomes where I am at in that moment.  For someone who is as Type A as me, it is a little odd if I have to say so myself. 

When Sean and I went to Europe for a few years back, I was not ready to come back, he was, but I was not.  I decided long ago that I would be an excellent expatriate.  Do not get me wrong, there are things about home and the good ol' US of A that I would miss--rights an American, voting, choice in healthcare, freedom of  religion, holidays, and such, but I have this great desire to experience the world and all that it has to offer.  Where did this come from and why does it haunt me so?  It comes from a life changing trip to England when I was 14 years old.  It changed my perspective of the world, how I view myself in it, and it was peak outside the bubble that I had always known.  I can look back at that month and see how it has changed my life and has made me the person I am today.  I am thankful to have had that opportunity, and thankful that I had parents who were willing to let go of me to have this once in a lifetime experience.  I am haunted because I have long since found that my wanderlust costs money....and typically a lot more than I have to give to it. So you see the dilema:  the desire to rove about with limited funds.  One day, I shall have an answer for that.  In the mean time, I will continue to daydream and live vicariously through my Pinterst boards of all the places I hope to see one day.

Happy wanderlust dreams!

2 comments:

libraryguyzack said...

On on Friday you can wander all the way down into Dallas for dinner. ;)

Can't wait!

Andrea said...

Ah! I just discovered Pinterest the other day! Still on the waiting list for an invite....grrrrr. It's going to be my newest time suck, I can feel it. I like how some of the things can give you such hope - as in, "I can TOTALLY make a lamp shade out of old paint samples" or "Making a kid's kitchen out of an old tv stand? Pfft. EASY."