Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Unity

 
"Unity, not uniformity, must be our aim."--Mary Parker Follett, American social worker and political activist


This quote just seems to fit my day. Without going into too much detail as this is a public blog and I would hate for the wrong person to stumble upon it, this quote just fits my day. For the life of me, I will never understand why people can not celebrate the differences that make us unique, make us who we are, and in that way are able to bring the best of themselves to the table. Instead, attempting to bring uniformity in a way that is childish is not what I signed up for by any stretch of the imagination. So I say, no sir, I will not be drinking the Kool-aid today, but thanks for playing.

Celebrate you being you and whatever it is that you do to bring about unity in your little corner of the world.

2 comments:

AH said...

“Whatever you are by nature, keep to it;
never desert your line of talent.
Be what nature intended you for, and you will succeed.”
Sydney Smith

Stay true to you, hunny

Jennifer said...

I have no idea the specifics of what you are talking about, but it reminded me of the book our Children's Pastor read to the kids on Sunday. It's called "It's Okay To Be Different" by Todd Parr. I tried to check it out at the library yesterday, but they didn't have it, so I guess I might have to look into buying it. It's good for the kids and a good reminder lesson for adults :)