As it is Christmas week, I have prepared a musical blog for the remainder of the week leading up to Christmas Day. Enjoy!
I am not real big on non-traditional Christmas songs. Surprise, surprise, right? And when I say traditional Christmas songs, I mean something that isn’t your usual Silent Night, White Christmas, or whatnot standards. Now, the songs do not have to be all churchy like, they just fall into the category of traditional standards that you except to hear every year. I love me some Josh Groban, some Beyonce, and other modern artists…and in many cases prefer their rendition better than others that are out there. But there is one song, a modern one, that just gets me every year. Who am I kidding? It lives on my ipod year round and every time it pops up, I am compelled to listen to it. I just can’t help myself.
That song is “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey. I think her first Christmas album came out in 1994 and this song was THE song on it. For some reason, I do not really remember the song so much when it came out, but I remember listening to it during Christmas time in the Pavillion during my college days. I just love this song. Then a few years later, it was a song all over one of my favorite Christmas movies, “Love Actually.” For me, it is one of the only modern songs that will stand the test of time…and I’m okay with that.
And for the record, all I want for Christmas is you….
Music Inspiration: “All I Want For Christmas Is You”—Mariah Carey
No comments:
Post a Comment