Sean decided that he was going to make fudge on Sunday for some work functions this week....and to tempt me to add an inch or so to my thighs too. I suggest that Elizabeth should help him and told him to pull up one of our kitchen chairs to help him at the counter. What I THOUGHT would happen is that she would be grabby and want to play with the spoon. What ACTUALLY happened was that my little girl is a chef in the making. She was unwrapping chocolate (and no, the papers did not end up in the chocolate, but separated), breaking it, and using the spoon. WHAT?!?!?! How did this happen? My little girl all grown up and using things properly. I stood there and watched for awhile, and then realized that I had tears running down my checks. My baby isn't a baby any more but a little girl. Things that I think she can't do or shouldn't be able to do, she does them. While it makes me happy, it makes me sad that time is just passing far too quickly. But you know what? Elizabeth had fun doing all those things I can't believe she is doing and at the end of the day, that is what makes me happy. She is having fun and learning so much in the process. I just can not take that way from her. Happy growing little girl.
Tasting the fudge is the best part!
2 comments:
Adorable!
Woohoo! I can't wait for her first Iron Chef competition!
Post a Comment