I am no Oprah giving away my favorite things by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a few favorite things this holiday season. Some of them are unexpected, some are new finds, and some are just random thoughts. Most of them are not gift giving, but some are, but they are just things that I am loving and/or doing right now. Enjoy the list!
To me, it just is not Christmas without a "White Christmas." I use to wrap presents while watching it every year. Alas, I only own the movie on VHS and I wrapped presents in the living room amongst all the chaos caused by Elizabeth this year. I will tell you this though, I will watch it before Christmas at some point in the very near future. If you have not seen it, get it. Enjoy it. Appreciate the talent of an era gone by, you will not be disappointed.

My new favorite scent is from Bath and Body Works. This yummy, sweet smelling lotion is called "Secret Wonderland" and I am hooked. I have been slathering this fabulous lotion all over my legs as of late before getting ready for work. Extra bonus: Sean loves the smell of it and always comments on how good I smell.
http://www.curlygirldesign.com/
I am loving ALL things Curly Girl these days! My beautiful friend, Lacy, introduced me to Leigh's work a few years ago and I have been loving her ever since. While she is still a small business owner, I have seen Curly Girl items popping up in some of the places I frequent and I am so excited to see that other people love her stuff too! Cards, magnets, tees, wall art, and a whole assortment of cute and sassy, she is a fun lady with a positive outlook on the world. Above is one of my favorite Curly Girl every things!
Joshua Radin is not exactly a new artist and has been around for a few years, but I am just now getting around to discovering him. He has done soundtracks, Ellen and Portia's wedding, touring, and other assorted things, but it took some Pandora lovin' for me to get on his band waggon. I find myself listening to a song and wondering who's song it is, looking, and finding that it is Joshua Radin...again...and again. When I finally get around to updating my iPod (grand ambition for my time off later the month), he will have a presence on my blessed little gizmo.
My new favorite blog is from a girl I knew in high school. We were in orchestra together back in the day and while never good friends, I always thought she was a fun person with an amazing personality. Michelle and I are friends on Facebook and I recently discovered her blog. She is real, she is a mom, she is a wife, and she is a Christian. She is witty, fun, and breaks it down in simply eloquent way. And for someone I never knew that well in high school, I find myself drawn to her blog daily just to see what she is going to say. Michelle enlightens me and has me thinking about things in a different way. I love the challenge and the perspective. Check her out if you get the chance.
Like most Beatles fans in the free world, I am sure you too are thrilled that they are now on iTunes. I know I am and I am far from die-hard. Now I can download my favorites and appreciate them whenever I want to without the hassle of attempting to get and find their CDs. They are yet another artist on my list to download over Christmas vacation--bring on the musical education.
This musical starring Judy Garland is one of my favorites of all time. What a talented lady! I tend to think of this movie around Christmas time as Judy sings the gorgeous "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." It is one of Sean's favorite Christmas songs and every time I hear someone else sing it, I am reminded of how beautiful Judy Garland sings this beautiful song. It is a great movie and I love to sing-a-long to the songs (scary, I know)! Another classic you should check out when you get a chance.

This beautiful picture(beautiful perspective) reminds me of an adventure with my husband a few years ago. Paris was a place that neither of us had ever been, and the quintessential city of lovers. There is so much about the city that is romantic. Every time I see a picture of the Eiffel Tower, I am drawn to it as that is what I immediately envision when you say Paris. The reality is, I did not think it was all that great live and in person. But I do remember being at the top of the Eiffel Tower at sunset with the person I love, and stars literally in our eyes with excitement and love. There are some things you just do not forget and I will never forget that moment.


+poster+1.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment