Friday, December 24, 2010
The Christmas Can-Can
It’s Christmas time! Didn’t you know? I do not know how you could have missed it. The world has only been screaming it since October.
While the world is getting ready for Christmas, I have been too. I have gone through the motions of shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking, partying, light looking, and writing about this blessed Christmas holiday, but to no avail, have I been able to find it. What is IT? My Christmas joy of course! My Christmas joy just has not shown up this year and I have done all of the above listed seeking that warm fuzzy feeling I get every year about this time. Maybe it is because I can relate to this song a little too much this year….all hustle and bustle and no sitting still to enjoy the season.
I hope that by Christmas morning, we have that Christmas joy in our hearts as I watch my little daughter discover what Santa a brought her. Regardless of Christmas joy, that will be joy in itself just to see her little face light up with joy no matter what time of year it is.
Music Inspiration: “The Christmas Can-Can”—Straight No Chaser
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I haven't had it either - and while that's not totally unusual from me lately, I've noticed a lot more folks saying the same thing. I wonder if it's because the news is all gloom and doom about the economy or if it's contagious through social media. I sat down with every intention of doing Christmas cards and just couldn't bring my hand to sign them.
I hope y'all had a great one and Elizabeth's joy was contagious!
Post a Comment