Thursday, August 26, 2010

White Horse


When I was a little girl, I wanted a white horse.  A horse is not that uncommon for little girls.  For some reason, little girls are just drawn to horses.  If anyone can explain this to me, please do so.  But I not only wanted a horse, I wanted a white one.  Way to be specific, right?  A girl knows what she wants.

My early childhood was spent on a farm with some acreage for roaming around.  My grandparents had some horses on the land but we never did much with them except give them hay in the winter.  But still, I wanted a white horse.  I was about six or seven when my parents got me a white pony.  And he was so pretty.  His name was Little Blue and he was quite lovely.  My brother and I would ride him around the farm, but for some reason we did not do this very often and the next thing I knew, we did not even do that any more.   Oh yes, I remember now, he decided he did not want me on his back any longer and threw me into a wire hog pin.  Yep, that was it.  We moved not too many years after we had  Little Blue and I do not know whatever happened to him.  But in my mind, he is wandering the pasture with the other horses.

So why is it that we always want something, but then once we have it, we don't uses it, or play with it, or whatnot?  I wonder if Little Blue was that for me or if I just outgrew that phase and desire.  Hmm...random thoughts on a Thursday evening.

Music Inspiration:  "White Horse" by Taylor Swift

No comments: