I have had the unique privilege of reconnecting with old friends through this blog. And when I say old, I mean, one of the people who I am friends with, we go back to the eight grade and Jane Long Middle School. How crazy is that? Even within the group of girls that have reconnected, some of these girls go back to elementary school if not longer. How ironic is it that some of these girls, I have not talked to since high school, and then some in college? Years go by and then we find each other on Facebook and blogland. In the most unusual way it feels as thought time has not gone by and that we have always been there for each other. But the reality is, life has gone by, experiences had, marriages made, children born, and then there we are. I would like to say that we have always been together, but we have not--and I think that we are better for it. You see, each one of us has brought a different life experience to the group, a different perspective, and a different set of eyes. I do not know what most of these ladies remember a high school Kristin as, but I know that she has changed. She has even changed since college and she has changed again in the real world. But even as I have changed, be it for the good or bad, these friends accept me for who I am today--and that makes all the difference in the world.
Who knows what will happen in the future? This all could be a flash in the pan as our next step in life goes by, but I sincerely hope not. I hope to be an old lady drinking my lemonade with these girls on a girl's weekend trip to wherever and talking about my grandchildren. That would be fun...and ladies, I'll be the one wearing the black and the big ol' sunglasses with a huge hat! Here's to hoping that comes true....
Music Inspiration: "Friends"--Band of Skulls
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I, for one, will be thoroughly disappointed if we don't all grow old together. I'm so thankful for the way this has all played out!
As usual, ditto Katy. I think the fact that most of us didn't keep in touch between HS and now really makes our group more amazing. Grateful is not a big enough word to describe how I feel to have all of you in my life right this moment and for as long as our futures allow.
I may have to be the one with a funky hair color. I've been too safe up until this point and every old lady group needs one who refuses to gray (even if the alternative is maroon) :-)
I most definitely plan to be drinking lemonade together when we're 104. (Mine will probably be spiked - but you know I'll share!) You girls mean more to me than you'll ever know!!
Sara - do you plan on spiking your hair, or your lemonade? Or both?
here's to change! big love
Post a Comment