Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sugar Blue

Awwww....yes, it is that time again.  Weekly music inspiration time.  I have to say I really like having a weekly segment.  I have taken some time off from it (but came back last week) with what we will call The Back To School Workathon.  Alas, I am back and I will at least always try to make this my segment that no matter what, I will keep it going.

So the title of my post tonight is Sugar Blue and that is what I am.  Sugar Blue.  Sugar blue in the fact that I have had too much in my life these last few years.  I love sweets.  I admit it, my major weakness in food life is pretty much anything with sugar.  Ice cream is easily my favorite...but I don't exactly turn down cake and cookies either.    It is time to do something about it.  This is far from the first time I have said this, but this time, I am going to do something about it.  I recently came across some pictures of myself that were taken recently and quite frankly, I just did not like what I saw.  And then there are times I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and am befuddled by what I see staring back at me.  I have decided that I am going to try Weight Watchers again...starting this Sunday.  I say again, because I did it for literally three days then found out I was pregnant with Elizabeth.  No loosing weight when the baby takes everything from you!  I think I am going to do it online, but also have the moral support of someone I work with who is doing it right now as well.  Maybe she can keep me accountable as I start this journey.  I am actually looking forward to it.  My biggest problem is that I need to move with this.   You know, that exercise thing that I can never find the time/energy/sweat to death in 100 degree heat.  As work is slowing down (praise God for that) I think I will have some time back to myself again...and hoping for an early fall in Texas.  Just having the chance to walk around will be a good thing, then we can talk about something else.  I have never ever been a runner, but think I want to give it a try.  Like I said, it will take some motivation and something below 95 degrees, but the mind is willing.  Now let's just get the body willing. 

I'll let you know how it goes....

Music Inspiration:  "Sugar Blue" by Jeff Finlin

5 comments:

katy said...

Oh my gosh, can I join in? I could use an accountability partner where sweets are concerned, too. Better yet, I could use someone to follow me around and sucker punch me in the face every time I reach for the candy/cookies/ice cream/soda. Do you know anyone looking for a job?

Summer Says... said...

I've been considering the couch to 5k program...I know several who have done it successfully. I'm also not a runner and absolutely hate to sweat. But I'm determined to be in better shape for any future photo moments. There were several from our girls' weekend that left me seeking denial!

Sara said...

Way to go, Kristin! I have several friends who have done Weight Watchers and absolutely love it. In fact, I was just thinking today about giving Mr. Horton and his 1.5+ hour workouts the boot and jumping into WW.

kelli said...

You can do it, Kristin, you will! I need to cut my sugar habit too and I'm hoping to start running again now that Shawn is actually living with us again:) So keep it up -sounds like a bunch of us are with ya! Thanks for sharing; it is motivating and encouraging to me as well.

Alissa said...

I also feel like I'm spinning out of control with all of the sweets I've been eating. At my OB appointment last Friday I had gained 4 pounds in two weeks. Yikes! I feel so out of shape and I'd love to do WW except that I don't think it's probably recommended for pregnant ladies! But a few months from you I'm going to be trying to lose quite a few pounds too...