Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Visit and Happenings

Mimi and Pawapa (Mom and Dad to me) came to visit this week. They are doing a bit of a staycation this year, but trekked up to Frisco to come and see us all. Tuesday night, we went to Babe's for dinner. So good and you gotta love good ol' home cookin' Southern food. Yesterday, Mom and Dad took care of Elizabeth all day long. I hear there was quite a photo shoot featuring the lovely baby in the living room. I think my Mom had a blast picking out what she got to wear that day for said photo shoot. Pictures to come when mom sends them to me. The best part about yesterday was coming home and dinner was mostly made...homemade spaghetti. Very tasty and nice...especially after the day I had yesterday.

Sadly, I have an ear ache and a sore throat and it hasn't exactly gone away, but gotten worse since Sunday. So I finally caved and went to the doctor. I do not have a Family doctor in Frisco, so I found a practice that had been recommended to me and made an appointment. To say they were busy was an understatement. I ended up being there for 2, yes, 2 hours. That was not fun and my cell phone Solitaire has not been used nearly so much since I was on bed rest. The PA (who was very nice) gave me medicine and I was on my way. Sadly, I refuse to take more of the medicine as it is a nasal spray that is just evil. Back to the drawing board, but I don't know if I will go back to this practice. Sitting there for 2 hours was not exactly my cup of tea and they didn't even apologize for it either. Hmm....what is up with that?

Here's to feeling better by the weekend...I have a date with my husband and Harry Potter. I'm excited.

No comments: