Friday, July 17, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti

Here is one of my favorite recipes and one of the only ones I brought to my marriage. It is chicken spaghetti with a bit of a kick. Enjoy!

1 package of spaghetti (wheat ones are good too!)
1 package/pound of chicken breast or chicken tenderloins
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 can of Rotel, drained
1 small can of mushroom pieces, drained
1 small can of sliced olives, drained
1 package of shredded cheese--but it taste better if you grate it yourself

Cook your spaghetti and drain. Cook the chicken and cut into small bite size pieces. Combine the remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Place mixture in an 11x8 (or whatever that size is) pan or dish. Cover with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes. Serve...yummy!

It makes a lot so be prepared to eat off of it for a few days or have friends over to share it!

2 comments:

katy said...

I make this from time to time, and you're right -- it makes an enormous amount! But it's so good, and the leftovers are even great cold.

Sara said...

OK, I've been thinking all week about what to post here, but I couldn't come up with anything traditionally casseroley.

I'd have to say our closest casserole meal is enchiladas. I'll make Charley's crockpot chicken (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Charleys-Slow-Cooker-Mexican-Style-Meat/Detail.aspx), and then layer it with cheese, tortillas, and a little bit of cream of chicken soup mixed with salsa for the yummiest enchiladas ever. You can make a 9x13 pan and eat on it for days. And it's a really good excuse to make guacamole. I {heart} guac!