Monday, July 20, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Sean and I went to go and see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince this weekend. What a treat! The movies just keep getting better and better. While this one trailed off the book a bit, it was still very good and very well worth it. If you are Harry Potter fan or not, I think you would probably enjoy it...just make sure you watch the previous 5 movies if you haven't seen them or read the books!
I was a little late to the Harry Potter bandwagon as the books originally came out while I was in college. I had very little time to read anything for pleasure when classes were in session. As I approached graduation, I ended up speaking with a couple of girls and we were chatting about books and what was out and one, an elementary ed teacher, recommended the Harry Potter series. So I was like, sure, okay, they are kids books. But then I went to the first movie with Jay and Kristen and was hooked. My Mom bought me the first four books for Christmas and that is how I filled my time those first few months out in the real world. When I was not working (which was a lot) and before I met Sean, I was reading--and getting taken away to a wonderful place called Hogwarts where I met the most fascinating people. Truly memorable characters and fun entertainment with a dark twist. If you haven't read them, start now!

Happy reading and watching fellow Harry Potter fans.

No comments: